This is the third and final step of setting up your incoming calls.
I will walk you through how to add a DID and Routing Setup in Vicidial phone system.
After purchasing a number from your number search page in e-tollfree, you will need to route the DID or phone number to PBX, then to your assigned Vicidial domain.
- Open Vicidial’s admin dashboard.
- Go to Inbound, then DIDs and “Add a new DID”.
- Under DID Extension, add the 10 digit number or phone number you just purchased.
- Add a DID or phone number description.
- You can leave admin user group as is.
- Then, click submit.
Now you should be able to see the other settings for your phone number routing.
1. Go to “DID Route”. This the type of route you want to set up for your DID. You can click the circle with question mark for the definition of each options from this drop down.In the mean time, we will set this to ingroup.
2. Go to In-Group ID and select the in-group we just created for incoming calls.
3. In-Group Call Handle Method to CIDLookup which means, Vicidial will look up any previously saved information from the caller in the entire system. If existing information is saved in Vicidial, the agent user will be able to see the details from the customer information field.
However, if the incoming call is a phone number that is not in the phone system, then the user agent will only see the phone number in the customer information field and the rest will be blank.