So, what is a phone extension?
In order for eDialer’s webphone to work, you need to add a phone extension.
To do this,
- You need to login to the eDialer administration dashboard.
- Go to Admin.
- Click Phones.
- Add a new Phone.
- For the Phone Extension Field, It can be an alphanumeric character but we suggest using just numbers especially if you plan to use agent direct extensions for an IVR.
- For the dial plan number, this field is for the number you dial to have the phone ring.
- Then, the voicemail box.
NOTE: For the dial plan number and voicemail box, we suggest keeping it the same as your phone extension for better management in the long run.
- The outbound Caller ID can be blank.
NOTE: The login password and registration password should be the same if you are using the webphone.
- For now, we will leave the admin user group, server IP, status, active account, and the rest of the settings as is without any changes. Then, click submit.