If your VoIP adapter is placed behind a router or a combined modem/router, you may experience problems with your VoIP service. Some of these problems include:
- VoIP light goes out intermittently or constantly.
- You cannot make outbound calls or when making outbound calls you hear a busy signal even though the person you are calling hears a ring.
- Incoming calls go directly to voicemail without ringing your VoIP phone.
- You hear a busy signal in the middle of the call.
- Your calls have a maximum duration of exactly 10 minutes.
- You experience quality issues such as choppy conversation or one person can’t hear the other.